ESTABLISHMENT OF INSTANT COMPLAINT RESOLUTION MECHANISM WITHIN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS / ORGANIZATIONS
In order to address public grievances first at departmental level, a mechanism has been adopted to redress public grievances. In this regard, following measures have been taken:
- An Instant Complaint Resolution Mechanism has been established on Federal Ombudsman‘s initiative in 188 agencies and 247 Focal Persons have been appointed.
- Citizens can file complaint to an agency through personal visit or any other mode of communication i.e. post, fax, email etc. Their complaints would be registered in a proper register, and would be uploaded on the agency's web system and disposed of within 25-40 days.
Integrated Complaints Resolution (ICR) Mechanism through usage of web-linkage to Address Public Grievances within Prescribed Time
For resolution of public complaints, a mechanism has also been designed to integrate the complaint system of Federal Ombudsman Secretariat and government departments. So far this system has been introduced in following 22 out of 130 federal government agencies which have been connected with the WMS (CIMS) system as first phase.
- Pakistan Post Office Department.
- Sukkur Electric Power Company (SPECO).
- Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO).
- Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO).
- Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd (SNGPL).
- Higher Education Commission.
- Federal Investigation Agency (FIA).
- M/o Interior.
- M/o Housing and Works.
- Islamabad Electric Supply Limited (IESCO).
- Sui Southern Gas Company Limited (SSGCL).
- Water & Power Development Authority (WAPDA)
- Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO).
- Hyderabad Electric Supply Company (HESCO).
- Islamabad Police.
- M/o Railways.
- Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO).
- Gujranwala Electric Supply Company (GEPCO).
- Pakistan Railways.
- Quetta Electric Supply Company (QESCO).
- Pakistan Railway Advisory & Consultancy Services (PRACS)
- Railway Constructions Pakistan Limited (RAILCOP)
- State Life Insurance Corporation of Pakistan (SLICP)
- National Radio Telecomm Corporation
- Federal Employees Benevolent and Group Insurance Funds (FED&GIF)
- Accountant General Pakistan Revenue (AGPR)
- Central Directorate of National Savings (CDNS)
- Utility Stores Corporation of Pakistan (Private) Limited (USC)
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA)
- Immigration & Passports Directorate of Pakistan
- SUI Northern Gas Pipelines LTD. (SNGPL)
- Commerce Division
- Establishment Division
- Finance Division
- Foreign Affairs Division
- Industries & Production Division
- Information Technology and Telecommunication Division
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Anti Narcotics Force (ANF)
Other agencies will be connected in next phase. Following agencies stand connected through ICR. The complaints are registered on the web system of the department under intimation to the complainant and if a complaint is not resolved/disposed within 30 days at agency’s level, the same is transferred to the interface of Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat (CIMS) on the 31st day. After receipt of complaint on the WMS interface, it would be treated as a fresh complaint under P.O. 1 of 1983. Simultaneously both the WMS and the agency would have access to status of complaints from the day of their institution till disposal.
Initiation of special initiatives and implementation of reform agenda is a continuous process. Though there are remarkable achievements on the score board but a lot is still to be achieved. The Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat is working with commitment to introduce special initiatives with effective monitoring and implementation mechanism to eliminate practices of mal-administration to deliver speedy, free and quality justice to the people of Pakistan.